- Of God Nation, money and development
- DEAR GOD: Why are we so poor?
- Explaining the Ghanaian Economic Miracle: It’s the radio, stupid!
- I AM BRITISH…MAY BE YOU’RE NOT: The Queen Knows Her Children – ‘Popular’ OR ‘Successful’ NOT ‘Notorious’ OR ‘Struggling’ …
- $20 IS GREATER THAN $2 TRILLION: What the Arab Spring Can Teach the West about Democracy
neoafricanconsensus on THE COMING APOCALYPSE: Not thi… RayBan on THE COMING APOCALYPSE: Not thi… neoafricanconsensus on Of God Nation, money and … Selina on Of God Nation, money and … neoafricanconsensus on Explaining the Ghanaian Econom…
Category Archives: Original Content
BY KWAME MARFO BBC journalist and former Asia editor for the AFP news agency, Peter Cunliffe Jones draws some startling comparisons between Nigeria and Indonesia (here). They were on similar growth trajectories at the time of independence. They were both … Continue reading
BY KWAME MARFO In June 2007, Kosmos Energy discovered oil in its Jubilee Field, the largest oil find in the last decade in West Africa. It is estimated to contain north of 2 billion barrels of low-sulphur, light sweet crude … Continue reading
BY KWAME MARFO INTRODUCTION In 2008 Ghanaian presidential elections, Nana Akuffo Addo, the flag bearer of the ruling party, the New Patriotic Party (NPP) campaigned on his party’s platform of having grown Ghana’s GDP four-fold since it took office (from … Continue reading
BY KWAME MARFO In the third quarter of 2010, China’s $16 billion investment in Ghana elicited a wide variety of responses, some out rightly derisory. While such responses on blogs and public forums are not to be unexpected, unfortunately, some … Continue reading